Wish your holiday decorations featured more slug-like crime lords, villainous bounty hunters, and wise Jedi? You're in luck: Hallmark is launching a new line of Star Wars-inspired Keepsake Ornaments -- with a large portion dedicated to the 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi -- as well as a San Diego Comic-Con International exclusive ornament and button series.
Ornaments are now available in Hallmark Gold Crown stores across the country. They include:
- "At Jabba's Mercy," depicting the villainous crime lord Jabba the Hutt lounging in his palace with interpreter droid C-3PO at his side, as seen in Return of the Jedi, and plays dialogue from this film. The battery-operated ornament is 4.25" high and is priced at $32.95 with batteries included.
- Wicket and Teebo, a two-pack of ornaments that marks the 17th offering in Keepsake Ornament's official Star Wars series. These courageous, spear-toting Ewoks as seen in Return of the Jedi are 3" high and will sell together for $17.95.
- The All Terrain Scout Transport (AT-ST) as used by Imperial forces in Return of the Jedi, featuring battle sounds from the film. This battery-operated ornament is 4.375" high and is priced $29.95 with batteries included.
- Jango Fett complete with his signature jetpack and duel blaster pistols. The mercenary from Attack of the Clones is 4.5" high and will sell for $14.95.
- A limited-edition issue of Boushh, the Ubese bounty hunter identity adopted by the undercover Princess Leia in Return of the Jedi. The ornament stands 4.5" high and is priced at $14.95.
- Yoda as depicted in LEGO Star Wars toys and games. This version of the wise Jedi Master stands 3.5" high on a LEGO brick base and will sell for $14.95.
"Wrath of the Rancor," which captures Luke Skywalker's struggle with the savage creature dwelling below Jabba the Hutt's Tatooine palace, will be sold in limited quantities during Comic-Con International, scheduled July 17-21 in San Diego. This special-edition Keepsake Ornament created exclusively for Comic-Con is limited to just 1,000 sets for attendees.
Visitors to Hallmark's booth (located at 2913-H in the Lucasfilm Pavilion) will be able to meet and receive free autographs from Orville Wilson, a Hallmark artist who creates many of Keepsake Ornament's Star Wars ornaments. The actors behind Star Wars characters Droopy McCool (Deep Roy) and the Gamorrean Guard (Stephen Costantino) also will be on hand to sign autographs.
Attendees can also pick up a series of collectible buttons featuring Star Wars ornaments created by Keepsake Ornaments. The button series will feature five designs, with one design to be given away on each day of the convention. A limited number of buttons with each design will be produced.
In addition, fans visiting Hallmark's booth will get to see early renderings for 2014 ornaments, including:
- An Imperial Scout Trooper from Return of the Jedi.
- The Jawa Sandcrawler as seen in A New Hope.
- A scene depicting the cantina band from A New Hope, accompanied by sound from the film.
- Darth Vader's transformation in Revenge of the Sith.
- The LEGO Star Wars rendition of bounty hunter Boba Fett.
- A Peekbuster motion-detecting ornament featuring Yoda. This will work similarly to the popular Darth Vader Peekbuster released last year.
Visit Hallmark.com/Keepsakes to see Star Wars designs as well as the complete line of Keepsake Ornaments for 2013!